Companies shall submit a type approval to establish and operate Telecommunications apparatus in Bermuda. ‘Telecommunications apparatus” means any apparatus or article, or any part thereof, intended for, or capable of, transmitting writing, signs, signals, pictures, visual matter, impulses and sounds by radio. Section 28B of the Telecommunications Act 1986 defines the standards that these devices must meet before they can be imported in Bermuda as those granted authorization under the certification or grant of:
- The Federal Communications Commission of the United States of America; or
- The Canadian Standards Association International; or
- The International Telecommunications Union.
These guidelines are designed to be simple thus making the application process for type approval as clear and smooth as practicably possible. The information/documentation, the prescribed form and the fees required by the Regulatory Authority for the grant of a type approval certificate are specified herein. Bermuda does not carry out testing of any devices and therefore an applicant must be in possession of a certificate or compliance verification issued by an approved administration.
- Name of Applicant
- Address of Applicant
- Copy of FCC Grant1 or Industry Canada Certificate2
- Description of Device and associated Manuals
- Brand Name
- Model Number
- Mailing Address (if different from above)
- Payment (As of April 1st, 2018 the fee will be $200 USD/per application.)