Services regulated within the Electronic Communications sector include:
- Internet access
- Landline telephone
- Mobile phone service
- Long distance phone service
- Subscription television service
- Two-way radios, CB’s, scanners and other radio communications devices
A business operating in the electronic communications sector in Bermuda must have a license to do so.
- “COL” means a Communications Operating Licence granted under section 16(1) of the ECA and, for the avoidance of doubt, includes an ICOL.
- “ICOL” means an Integrated Communications Operating Licence described in section 18(1) of the ECA.
Currently there is a moratorium on the issuance of new licences, however, in the event this is lifted and once a licence is issued, the new business can then enter the market.
Current listing of COL/ICOL holders in Bermuda may be found here.